Our aim is to create homes that will stand the test of time and build communities that will thrive in the future. We work closely with existing residents to find solutions that are right for them, while also adding to the housing available in our borough. We design homes and places that are sustainable with low running costs. We create and manage homes for local Lambeth people, with as many as possible at genuinely affordable rents, and others for higher income groups.
Lambeth is unique in so many ways, and we want our contribution to reflect this uniqueness. We also want to be fair and progressive.
We want to create new homes and communities that are high quality, low maintenance and low energy, so we are working to the following design principles:
- Modern, practical, well-insulated and secure homes
- Plenty of storage space
- Personal outdoor space
- Safe communal spaces, streets and public spaces
- Discrete storage for waste and recycling
- Covered and secure storage for cycles
- Integrated, mixed estates
- Architecture that works
- Sustainable buildings and spaces that are economical to manage and maintain
Read more about the Homes for Lambeth design principles.