Homes for Lambeth is committed to being an inclusive organisation and are proud to serve a diverse community – that’s why we have signed the Race at Work Charter.
Launched in partnership with the UK government in 2018, the Race at Work Charter builds on the work of the 2017 McGregor-Smith Review, which found that people from BAME backgrounds were still underemployed, underpromoted and under-represented at senior levels.
The Race at Work Charter is a public commitment to improving the experiences of black, Asian and minority ethnic employees in the workplace. It sets out five actions for signatories like Homes for Lambeth to take:
- Appointing an Executive Sponsor for race
- Capturing data and publicising progress
- Ensuring zero tolerance of harassment and bullying
- Making equality in the workplace the responsibility of all leaders and managers
- Taking action that supports ethnic minority career progression