We would like to invite you to share your views on how we can build more and better homes on the Hemans Estate. As a part this we will be holding a consultation on Tuesday 11th July 2017 from 3:30-7:30pm in the Lansdowne Green Community Centre on Wandsworth Road.
What is been proposed
- Provide more homes in a new building on the site of the existing ballcourt.
- Re-provide the children’s play areas in the gardens of Hunter and Darlington House.
- Create a new public square and entrance to Hemans Estate, with better lighting, improved landscaping and a new re-provided ballcourt.
- Provide secure gates to the gardens of Lockyer and Charman House.
- Create a new pedestrian route along Hemans Street through to the New Covent Garden Market development and the river.
- Re-provide a non-residential space to the ground floor of the new development. See below for more information.
Come and have your say
As a part this we will be holding a consultation on Tuesday 11th July 2017 from 3:30-7:30pm in the Lansdowne Green Community Centre on Wandsworth Road.
You can RSVP for this event by going to:
The aim of this drop in session is to hear your views on the proposals, answer your questions and learn more about the community’s needs and aspirations for wider estate improvements. This will also be an opportunity for residents to and out more about how to get involved as the project develops.
If you are unable to attend the consultation event you can still have your say by clicking on the link below and complete the survey:
A community facility for Hemans Estate
Our proposals include 70m2 non-residential space on the ground floor of the new block which could be used by the community. The council’s policy is to support community facilities only where they can demonstrate a viable business plan. We can offer support, advice and help with any training but the community needs to be the driving force behind this. We intend to advertise this new space to and an appropriate tenant and would encourage interested local groups to get in touch. Please contact Shelisa at [email protected]
If you have any questions on the regeneration of the Hemans Estate please contact your project officers Huw Jones and Shelisa Edmonds via:
T: 020 7926 3649 OR 07720 828 260
You can keep up to date on new content and blog posts by signing up online for our email updates at the website address below: